Thursday, November 08, 2012

Auto bookmark using greasemonkey

Ever thought of automatically bookmarking URLs? If you know greasemonkey like me, you would have thought that is should be super easy using javascript and someone would have already done it. But  I did not found anyone on the internet which has created this auto-bookmarking but indeed it was too easy and that might be one of the reasons why no one has done it :). Anyway I did it as I like doing easy things.

Why do you need to automatically bookmarks URLS?
If you are working as a software and your lab has tons of servers which host Apache and you need to access them every time using some crazy ip address which you do not remember. But interestingly the name of the webserver is on the webpage (which I was able to access using javascript document.getElementById)

You can find the scripts at http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/152043


No comments:

Post a Comment